250 Upgrade Rev'3

scorpion

reason was bob, bought a brand new '04 250, but rode a mates 270 the other week and it seemed alot snappier than mine, if i flogged mine i'd lose an awful amount of hard earned coin ,appleyards only quoted me about

Beta USA offers the conversion kit. I know of two people around my area that have converted. They seem happy.

Before you change anything make sure your bike has a fast throttle. It makes a big difference.

Aaron

Fair point Scorpion.

A quick action throttle probably would make it snappier, you could try removing the flywheel weights aswell which might help, both of which are cheap and easy alternatives to changing the piston and barrel.

Thanks for that guys , went to back cowmn today, and had a longer play on it ( the 270) and decided against the upgrade, it was too powerful for me, good for the steps but for doing the more intricate stuff, felt it just wanted to go all the time, so i'm going to stay with my 250 and be a softy :( I aint good a rider enough for that sort of power!