Rev 4T choking up

neilnh

Rev 4 250 with standard jetting and checked by Acklams after half an hours running with a brand new plug is choking up and running as if the choke is on Plug is very black and sooty and have made sure choke is off as i know it has three positions. Any suggestions please folks this bike is really getting to me now

Welcome to my world :wall:

I had the same problem, only to find the choke that I had NEVER used since acquiring the bike, was actually on.

It was jammed, only releasing after I had pulled it all the way out.

It runs alot better now, but the plug still gets sooty and black.

My evo 2011 only appears to have two settings on the choke, but the visible brass shaft still gives the impression that it may be on.

Hope you sort it quicker than I did cos' the bike is awesome.

Cheers

Welcome to my world :wall:

I had the same problem, only to find the choke that I had NEVER used since acquiring the bike, was actually on.

It was jammed, only releasing after I had pulled it all the way out.

It runs alot better now, but the plug still gets sooty and black.

My evo 2011 only appears to have two settings on the choke, but the visible brass shaft still gives the impression that it may be on.

Hope you sort it quicker than I did cos' the bike is awesome.

Cheers

Rev 4 250 with standard jetting and checked by Acklams after half an hours running with a brand new plug is choking up and running as if the choke is on Plug is very black and sooty and have made sure choke is off as i know it has three positions. Any suggestions please folks this bike is really getting to me now

hi i presume air filter has been checked and no restrictions in air flow, also remove mixture screw and check for damage and remember to make note how many turns out it is and its out for more fuel and in for less so may need to be in more it could pay to renew the jets incase someone has tampered with them and also replace the diaphram just to rule these out ,also check the needle is fitted corectly or try dropping it basically it sounds like its getting too much fuel ,or too less air or the exhaust is more restrictive for some reason ive heard of baffles cuming loose inside the box

Checked and double checked everything i can think of and the only thing i can now see is when the choke is removed from the carb there is no sign of the brass rod but put it back on the carb and it shows about quarter of a centimetre of brass between the plunger and the plastic surround. Fix it and sell it back to my two strokes methinks

the bike has been back to feet up been to acklams next to lampkins if you cant even do a lap of a trial without taking the plug out and clean it there is something wrong somewhere. Also lampkins dont open on a saturday so thats two days off work to take it and then collect it