No Stop : not working

beatabeta

Whilst it is difficult to do it from any other way if not at the trial, I believe a trial should not just be judged by how many marks were lost.

I have experienced many good, enjoyable trials which have been too easy and many that have also shed a lot of marks; but have also ridden many trials where I have lost the right amount of marks, but they weren't much cop.

This is not me having a go at anyone, but to assume that all was good or bad just based on the scores is like saying that a football match was dull because it ended 0-0.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been away on business and I can't be bothered to read all the replies! Only have to read the ''Title''

So the clubs are trying No Stop and one week down the line its not working, no wonder our sport is knackered with posts like this :angry:

I think thats what you alreday have. As woody said every club can do what it wants. If a club feels it can better please its members or get better entries by running one set of rules or the other then it is free to do so. Event by event if it wants.

As Pete Scorpa3 says - get off your behind and get to club. TC is good but it aint a democratic process. Go to your club AGM or Centre meeting and vote - as Alexandra says - simples!!!

Don't get me wrong Jimmy, I'm happy riding stop or no stop, I just love being out on the bike either way. - My post was made because I was just amazed that people competed in a non stop event and then went on to moan about it. :thumbup:

As I say I'm happy to ride what ever. :icon_salut::thumbup:

Why bother commenting if you can't be bothered to read all the replies and make an informed judgement after reading them?

Sorry that I have not read them but I refer to the ''Title'' how can people judge its not working after one event?

Do you want me to read them and write the above again? Surely that is what people are griping about or will I be wasting my time?

The last rules were not working now some say these are not working, will some of you guys never be happy :biggrinsanta:

Edited by GIZZA5

Sorry that I have not read them but I refer to the ''Title'' how can people judge its not working after one event?

Do you want me to read them and write the above again? Surely that is what people are griping about or will I be wasting my time?

The last rules were not working now some say these are not working, will some of you guys never be happy :biggrinsanta:

Explain why the last rules (asume you mean stop allowed) were not working?

Think you've both MASSIVELY missed the point here with your ranting.....

I didn't criticise anyone.

I merely wrote what I'd seen, that no stop didn't work on that trial and said that most comments were 'pro stop allowed'

I also asked for someone clearly more knowledgeable and with superior foresight the question - how no stop will 'boost our sport' as the miracle cure the ACU, importers and some clubs think it will?

Great mentality though guys. You keep it up, moan at anyone below 40 who merely points out whats being discussed and who with an opinion and I'll just quit the sport shall I?

Maybe that's the problem. It's being 'discussed' which is clearly NOT the way to do things at the ACU or club level

So we held the Stratford club AGM last night. I got home from work, had tea, washed up, put my three kids (all under 7) to bed and dashed out. It was a good meeting and I'm pleased to say that the Stratford club will be as strong as ever in 2012 putting on three nationals, four club trials and a centre trial. :thumbup:

Who turned up for the AGM? Almost exactly the same 18 faces as turned up last year. Anyone new? No.

So what's the average age of the working team? Well there's one under 40 (yes he's 38) which makes the average age 56.

Got home at 11.45 with a list of things to do over the next week or so.

Beatabeta here's a question for you. Where are all these under 40 riders who are going to run our trials so well? Should the over 40's resign from running the club and let them have a go?

Beatabeta here's a question for you. Where are all these under 40 riders who are going to run our trials so well? Should the over 40's resign from running the club and let them have a go?

They probably all think it's like when you were at primary school and magically all the christmas decos went up overnight. The magic fairies do it of course :chairfall:

Explain why the last rules (asume you mean stop allowed) were not working?

Dress it up how you like but it has been discussed to death on TC, but with less than 10 riders in the WTC and BTC maybe the rules need addressing?

Call it what you like Dynmic, progression, skillful etc. etc. but the circus with minders, time keepers using 1min 30sec, then 1 min its a joke and everyone can see its not working, hell you wouldn't run a business like that!

The ACU took the bold decission to revert back to No Stop only for the BTC, however some clubs have followed, if everyone wanted stop allowed then why have clubs cahnged?

No stop has been successful SSDT, SCOTT, S3 and some Nationals maybe it is the over 40's that support these events but entries have increased!

If sections are too tight then its the sections that are wrong not the rules, don't complain about a five because you stopped, we had to learn the hopping and skipping so we all have to learn to keep forward momentum its that simple.

I am not going to say it will work, but I stand by my statement that after one week of trying people on here say that No Stop is not working give it time guys lets wait and see how the sections and the rules pan out in this years BTC.

Gizza 5,sorry,I got the wrong impression from your original post.You are very much correct in saying that No Stop needs to be given time.(Thought you were someone who couldn't be bothered to consider change!Apologies!