No Stop : not working

beatabeta

OK, so I found this snippit. Would this be stop or no-stop?(Point being, with no more delays than this it would allmost qualify for a scottish section clean) Now I tell you with the time limits in the sections they do not fu-- about on the top levels. I have no problem with it, yet the lesser lads will struggle to get through and likely fail it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=-UflkCnNd0w&feature=endscreen

Don't know why you're even asking the question - the bike stops forward motion about 3 times in the first 10 seconds

Doesn't matter how long it stops for, it stops and isn't a non-stop attempt. That section couldn't be ridden non-stop.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why you're even asking the question - the bike stops forward motion about 3 times in the first 10 seconds

Doesn't matter how long it stops for, it stops and isn't a non-stop attempt. That section couldn't be ridden non-stop.

:agreed: and illustrates the problem with C o C's laying out sections. If no stop doesnt work then it's because people dont know how to lay a section out.

Going off topic slightly bue to have to agree that in the clip the rider does go backwards a couple of times, as I have posted before I think that half of the problem is riders getting away with it either through intimidation of officials or favouritism, if fives were given out when they should be we would be able to have fairer results, less severe sections (in my opinion even less severe if no stop rules were used) (although I have voted for stop permitted when looking at rule changes because I believe the sport should follow the lead from the world championship and believe that more new riders, particularly youth want stop permitted), less time wasting in sections, even Bou goes backwards in sections when alternating between front and rear wheel hopping.

In the video there's a few backwards fives, but surley there's also at least one five for crossing his own line?

I doubt there was a 100% genuine clean of that section even under stop allowed rules. As said above, this really illustrates to difficulty the CotC has when setting out under either set of rules.

Pete

"North Derbyshire Youth M.C.C. has been forced to cancel Lee Jeans Cup Trial, at Victory Quarry Doveholes Nr Buxton on Sunday 29th January due to the unfortunate circumstances where all the organisers have found it impossible to attend due to a variety of reasons.

This was at some stage bound to have happened, as the members running the Club, affectionately we hope, known as ‘the last of the Summer Wine Group’ are finding it difficult to keep up with every day happenings.

The Club are now desperately looking for persons to take over part if not all the running of the Club for it to survive."

Edited by B40RT

In the video there's a few backwards fives, but surley there's also at least one five for crossing his own line?

I doubt there was a 100% genuine clean of that section even under stop allowed rules. As said above, this really illustrates to difficulty the CotC has when setting out under either set of rules.

Pete

I put this clip up for a few different reasons. Primarily those that mention spending all day in the section hopping about for a dab. Well in a timed event(BTC hopefully and certainly WTC) you do not have all that. Let the hopping prats bounce themselves into a dab in a club trial, but in a real event it is less likely!

Now this section was set for the top lads and no way a lesser rider is doing it. It is TIGHT!!! But the CoC has to use what terrain is available to take the riders to a challenge! One only has what he has to work with.

He did not actually cross tracks, as you notice he came in high, there are ribbon everywhere as you notice and this is decieving.

Now, when you talk about rollback, well at least in NATC and I believe WTC rules, one is allowed for dynamic movement ov the bike. This is for good reason. As those have observed the rear only, and if one takes a much closer look, I doubt you will find the front rolling back, only side hops, and the bike changes position.

It all comes to close observance, and pushes the limits. But that is where those folk live! :thumbup:

"North Derbyshire Youth M.C.C. has been forced to cancel Lee Jeans Cup Trial, at Victory Quarry Doveholes Nr Buxton on Sunday 29th January due to the unfortunate circumstances where all the organisers have found it impossible to attend due to a variety of reasons.

This was at some stage bound to have happened, as the members running the Club, affectionately we hope, known as