Addingham Moorside?

neonsurge

I fancy a change of practise scenery for a couple of days. I've been to Addingham a couple of times (although not for some time) and I'd like to head over there if it's still available for practise. Who should I contact and how much does it cost?

There are Three ways up to the Site signposted from the main roads around. The easiest is from the Roundabout on the Addingham By-pass. Turn towards Silsden then take the immediate left up the Hill. At the top of the hill is a cross-roads. Turn Right(Warning the sign post to Addingham Moorside points straight on). Go down the road and take the Next left. The road winds up towards the venue and is single track so take care. The entrance is a double gate on the left. It's the first one you come across, usually a few riders around on a Weekend just don't forget to shut the gate as the sheep roam around.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're still looking for the place, the single track raod that runs past the double gate is called Light Bank Lane I think. If you come out of Ilkley, you get to a nice wide straight bit of road, and Addingham Moorside is signposted left. Follw this - its a windy country road. You'll pass through a little hamlet of a few houses. Eventualy you come to a crossroads - go straight on. About half a mile or so, take the next left into Light Bank Lane. Follow this for about a mile or so - the gate is on the left. If you get to the bit where the road turns sharp right down a hill with a concrete road bearing sort of lefty, you've gone too far.

Has anyone got a good description of it ?

Is it just the moorside with things to do on?

HOw big is it ,Acres?

Is It open all the time?

Just trying to get a picture in me head because i might come up in the summer or at least when it starts drying up :unsure:

You say its

The Venue is an escarpment. From the gate straight in front the track continues straight up the escarpment, Not a section to be taken lightly(used in nationals mainly). To the left side of that track is a rock field. As you get closed to the slope the bigger they get. They are still good for practising as you can put together a section with a couple of challenging rocks or go for the rock to rock leaps. To the right of the track is a flat area with some good 3 to 5 foot rocks to get up. Some are sloped/peaked others are flat on top. Behind them is a rock field with a mix of big and small rocks up to the slope. The slope from that middle section described get progressvely shallower. Some good climbs and big rocks down this end.

The "car Park" area is where a rough road turns right to the flat area and left to the better car park on a muddy day. The grass holds the mud together and it is longer allowing more cars to park. Just watch out for the rocks jutting out. There are a few rocks here used for warming up and there is a flattish area between the left road fork and the rock field. The area from here to the left is much bigger and has some large rocks in groups providing some very good practice. If you go right over to the wall and look up to the escarpment there are groups of these rocks going up to the slope and along the bottom.

There is also a "cut" in the escarpment just above and to the left of the Car parking area. This is used both up and down hill during trials.

Hope That helps and just as a guide Yeadon Guiseley got 10 sections in for a Beginners Trial without going into the left side of the Moor which is Much bigger!

Edited by Telecat

Thats a pretty fair summary I'd say. If you're after streams and tree roots and bankings and that sort of thing, then its not the place for it, but if you like rocks and steps and a bit of a hill-climb, then its perfect.

In terms of size, its huge. Plenty of space. You could spend maybe three or four days and ride new sections every day.

Could be the best