newbie needs help

ped76

Hi all , got myself a little 245 to restore , as the previous owner has done little maintenance over the years and need a few parts to help along the process . The engine runs but the clutch basket has had it , i would consider a damaged one if anyone has something lying around , and the top yolk has a nice crack where the bolt runs through it .The exhaust silencer is in a real mess and should really be replaced. This is my first trials bike that i'm having a go at after building several other bikes , and i'm wondering if i've bitten more of than I can chew . I have spoken to Bill at frankfields (extremely helpful and knowledgeable ) and he said try on here . Thanks in advance for any help you can give me with sourcing any of the parts I need , and if you have any other 245 parts you think I might be interested in please call me Pete 07816906181

Hi all , got myself a little 245 to restore , as the previous owner has done little maintenance over the years and need a few parts to help along the process . The engine runs but the clutch basket has had it , i would consider a damaged one if anyone has something lying around , and the top yolk has a nice crack where the bolt runs through it .The exhaust silencer is in a real mess and should really be replaced. This is my first trials bike that i'm having a go at after building several other bikes , and i'm wondering if i've bitten more of than I can chew . I have spoken to Bill at frankfields (extremely helpful and knowledgeable ) and he said try on here . Thanks in advance for any help you can give me with sourcing any of the parts I need , and if you have any other 245 parts you think I might be interested in please call me Pete 07816906181

You could try Blacks up your way, im sure they were breaking one a while ago.

Top yoke will be difficult to find as the twinshock and pre 65 guys will have these. It would be an option to repair if you know a good ally welder or probably the cheapest option to look for a later upside down fork front end as no much use to most people. Plenty of other bikes used the same yokes as the 245,

Edited by furse