Majesty Frame.

jon v8

Seems even though times are hard these bikes are still selling for top of money, mine didn't sell on ebay but went later through a wanted ad on this sight., I wouldn't take much notice of what happens on ebay, as I know a few people that have failed to sell there bikes recently on ebay, but they have gone for the asking price a few weeks later.

Edited by majesty320

the works production frame majesty,s had just the same frame as the production bikes . the rear shocks were extended bt 3/4 " that was the only frame mod from production models. there were 10 sets of higher 5th gears made for the 6 days . with 26 mm carbs fitted . the 320cc had the back plate slotted 10 mm to stop them running back wards with the timing set at 2.3 mm bdtc , when pulling high gears they were prone to getting close to top dead center , then going backwards which was very scary ??? .

the front exhaust pipe was extended on 2 bikes 1 with smaller dia pipe . and different compression ratios tried along with exhaust port heights ,transfer port angles . lowering of cranckcase compression levels by removing the blanks from the crank flywheels .

my bike was a full blown 360 cc with an IT 425 piston fitted 26 mm carb which pulled very well.

the godden works bikes x 10 had lighter frame tubing to save weight but all the dimentions were the same as the production models using the same jig ..

there must have been about 100 -130 ,250 frames modded and about 70 -100 175/200 frames modded which were much easier to mod .with the bottom rails chopped out with the lower engine mount and tube pivoted upwards and a flat bash plate fitted and the top rear shock mounts lowered with girling 2927 gas shocks fitted .

yes the standard air box was used but about 40mm was cut off the bottom to allow for the higher swinging arm , the 320/350 had a slot cut along the top right side 10mm deep and 70mm long to help with better air flow ,using the standard filter .

the 175/200 used the standard filter and air box ,the 100/125 had the restrictor tube removed in the bottom .

Well I had a good chat with John Shirt this afternoon,he was VERY interesting to talk to and happily answered all my questions.The big one being about the head angle - was it changed or not.As Samyam said the angle was not altered,so the one I'm repairing has been altered by someone else.When you check it over carefully its quite obvious it was done intentionally,not just bent in a fall etc.(So "That" article is clearly wrong)

John also discussed with me in some detail about how he moved the engine up and how the front engine mounts/downtubes were changed.Its all very clear now and I know what I need to do with the jig etc.

Just need to find the workshop hours to do it ! :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

Well,I've been busy in the workshop today at last..... I really need to get the Majesty frame back to its owner.I've finished the jig and half converted a frame.I think I have finally got to the bottom of all the subtle changes that were made.The tube seems to weld quite nicely - better than some early Japanese stuff I've done before.More pictures here; https://picasaweb.go...V8/MajestyFrame

Edited by jon v8
  • Like 2

Nice work Jon, I work mine with the frane right-side-up but the general idea is the same witch reassure me as I have no reference exept pictures and a lot of help on this and other post. I still am a little confuse with the air filter, I will probably make one so fit properly

Guy

• 3 weeks later...

Gents,

Interesting to read "Samyam's" comments - I've attached a couple of shots of the exhaust on Godden Majesty which seems to have had the exhaust altered and a back box like i have never seen before - as far as i'm aware this has all been from new

post-1071-0-78010900-1344009074_thumb.jpg

post-1071-0-04422300-1344009151_thumb.jpg

Edited by wobbler