Majesty Frame.

jon v8

Johnnyboxer,

It's a 250 Majesty.

Appreciate your thoughts as mine were the same but I've owned this bike for 15 years plus and known the 3 other keepers for approx 12 years before that - the only one I have'nt known is who had it from new and I didn't really want to tamper with it.

It's been like this all the time i've known it and was interested to see if "Samyam" might explain the welding etc on the front pipe as well as it's definately been lengthened .

Cheers

"The Wobbler"

Edited by wobbler

I talked to a friend who is quite aware of mod made on 2 and 4 stroke back in the days, I wanted some advise on the front pipe on my mofified TY. I wanted to cut about 3/4 inch and reweld it. The first thing he told me is: your gonna loose bottom power, so I did not touch it. Is it possible one would gain low end torque by lengthened the it ?

Guy

Quite possible, there are 2 different lengths available for modern gas gas bikes which are for different power deliveries

Pretty sure someone sells different length headers for TYs as well, not sure if it was sammy miller products or majesty yamaha

• 2 years later...

post-3125-0-44838300-1426978538_thumb.jpg

After all this time I have finally fully built a Majesty using a frame and swinging arm I have converted.From the photo its obvious its not finished,the choice of colour scheme will be down to its new owner.I'm swopping it for another bike. But its fully functional,I've had a good ride around my practice sections at home,it rides VERY well, the steering and overall feel are excellent.The motor still feels crisp and willing, running on Aspen fuel it starts first kick,does all you could ask for...

A shame its going,but I still have a couple more Ty's to convert if I need to.

• Like 2

When John Shirt was building the Majesty bikes with the modified Yamaha frame he had them powder coated by a firm at Leek then when the Godden frame was used they were chrome plated but the final ones reverted back to a coated finish.

• Like 1

When John Shirt was building the Majesty bikes with the modified Yamaha frame he had them powder coated by a firm at Leek then when the Godden frame was used they were chrome plated but the final ones reverted back to a coated finish.

Pretty sure the Series 1 Godden frames were yellow (not plated). My NOS series 1 Godden frame came bare steel. Here is a photo after I bead blasted the surface rust off and primed it (photo taken in 2006/2007) soon after I got the frame

post-325-0-57656100-1427108287_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

That's a useful reference photo David,I've never taken much notice of the Godden frames. All I know about them is from a conversation with John Shirt when he told me about how he used to collect them in a tired VW Transporter van and eating kebabs on the way home !

Looking at your swinging arm,is it longer than the original Yam one ? Just that the rear shock mounts are further forward than on the original Yam framed Majesty ones.

• Like 2

That's a useful reference photo David,I've never taken much notice of the Godden frames. All I know about them is from a conversation with John Shirt when he told me about how he used to collect them in a tired VW Transporter van and eating kebabs on the way home !

Looking at your swinging arm,is it longer than the original Yam one ? Just that the rear shock mounts are further forward than on the original Yam framed Majesty ones.

Yes that swingarm is one inch longer than a standard TY250 swingarm. It was one of the first things I measured when I got the frame kit.

Last frames were red due to Yamaha's request that they reflect the corporate colour / image which was red and white at the time

I had both Godden and Yam framed bikes, I preferred the Yamaha frame out of the two, it felt more flickable and was lighter on the front. The Godden framed bike felt very front heavy

• Like 1

Last frames were red due to Yamaha's request that they reflect the corporate colour / image which was red and white at the time

I had both Godden and Yam framed bikes, I preferred the Yamaha frame out of the two, it felt more flickable and was lighter on the front. The Godden framed bike felt very front heavy

Yes the Godden frame bike does feel front heavy compared with many other twinshocks, but it is easy to get used to and is then very enjoyable. I spread most of my competition riding on my favourite four twinshocks and find they are all lovely to ride if I spend a little while getting used to riding them before the trial (TY250A, heavily modified TY175, Godden Majesty 250 and KT250).

My other twinshocks (OSSA MAR 250 Mk2, Sherpa T M49 and Cota 348) no matter how long I ride them for, they never seem to be as easy to ride as the favourite four