Is it possible to remove a 315 fan.....

sharkbait

Hi mate, have you tryed slacking the front upright tubes that run down to the skid plate? you might have to take the front pipe off to get to the bottom bolts? watch that skid plate mate, mine was a b**ch to get back on

tuck mine out when the motor was out, even then its all so tight,,, good luck bud :thumbup:

Cheers guys, I had heard that before and I'm hoping not to take it off! I'm going to start by taking the top hose and the plug off/out of the head and see if it will come out that way.

Nice to see there's a couple of other 315s nearby..... I'm just outside Chester :)

where are you mate im in elton i go to frodsham club they got a trial on on sunday in alvanley

I'm near Tarvin. Got the bike to play on but may well do some trials..... but I probably need some basic skills and a non-overheating bike first!

Edited by sharkbait

To answer my own question.... yes you can:

Remove the 4 bolts holding the fan mounting frame to the radiator

Undo all the electrical connectors

Remove the radiator top hose

Remove the spark plug

Push the clutch/throttle cables to one side and wiggle the fan/frame around. The frame is quite flexible and allows you to pull it out through the gap above the engine.

Edited by sharkbait

To answer my own question.... yes you can:

Remove the 4 bolts holding the fan mounting frame to the radiator

Undo all the electrical connectors

Remove the radiator top hose

Remove the spark plug

Push the clutch/throttle cables to one side and wiggle the fan/frame around. The frame is quite flexible and allows you to pull it out through the gap above the engine.

Glad you sorted it bud, when you get the bike right, and you,ve got the time take nelly1 up on that helsby trial? 15mins from tarvin,

but promise not to laugh a us, the masters of wobbles,,,,,, :thumbup:

Glad you sorted it bud, when you get the bike right, and you,ve got the time take nelly1 up on that helsby trial? 15mins from tarvin,

but promise not to laugh a us, the masters of wobbles,,,,,, :thumbup:

Cheers. I may well pop up on Sunday to have a look anyway.

tests are showing my cooling fan to be on the way out. I've removed the 4 bolts but it still seems quite tight getting it out - just thought I'd check - is it possible to remove the fan without removing the whole radiator?

Well even though I got the fan out without reoving the radiator, I was having trouble putting one of the the fan shroud bolts back in so ended up taking the radiator off completely after all.

New fan in and all working great..... Just got to refit the front of the skid plate - and yes it's looking tricky :(

Edited by sharkbait