Clutch - Opposite Operation !

taff4

Help ! Just got our new/old SWM 320 running but the clutch seems to be disengaged normally and engages when the clutch is pulled in. What's going on ?

I can cope with the heavy operation but it is tricky to ride with that configuration !

You will have to take the left hand casing off, having first removed the gear lever & kickstart, to have a look.

Only thing I can think of is the mechanism attached to the casing has moved, its a plate with a lever that rotates on 3 ramps which (normally)disengages the clutch.

To drain the gearbox oil take out the allen key on the sump, NOT the hex head.

* (worth making a cardboard template to make sure you put the screws back in the correct places as they are different lengths )

You will have to take the left hand casing off, having first removed the gear lever & kickstart, to have a look.

Only thing I can think of is the mechanism attached to the casing has moved, its a plate with a lever that rotates on 3 ramps which (normally)disengages the clutch.

To drain the gearbox oil take out the allen key on the sump, NOT the hex head.

* (worth making a cardboard template to make sure you put the screws back in the correct places as they are different lengths )

All in order with the mechanism inside the cover. The clutch spring retaining plate was on the wrong way around, adjusted it and removed two springs, it now seems to have good smooth movement. The case has been damaged by the kick starter and is leaking oil all over the place, though !

Thanks for your help.