Ty175 Petrol Tap

pheonix_tat

Hi, can anyone tell me the tread size and pitch for the stud that comes out of the TY175 petrol tank? Mine is the Sammy Miller tank/seat unit, but I would think they are the same as the standard tank. I'm looking at it and guessing 16mm x1.5mm. The tap is beyond repair and someone has liquid welded the floating nut to the stud which is now cracked. I have carefully cut off the nut without damaging the stud threads and cleaned off the bad repair job. Only thing is the stud now moves partially in and out of the tank. I intend to put on a hex nut (to act as a lock nut) fibre-glassing it in place before putting on a new tap with floating nut.

Many thanks, Rich

Hi, can anyone tell me the tread size and pitch for the stud that comes out of the TY175 petrol tank? Mine is the Sammy Miller tank/seat unit, but I would think they are the same as the standard tank. I'm looking at it and guessing 16mm x1.5mm. The tap is beyond repair and someone has liquid welded the floating nut to the stud which is now cracked. I have carefully cut off the nut without damaging the stud threads and cleaned off the bad repair job. Only thing is the stud now moves partially in and out of the tank. I intend to put on a hex nut (to act as a lock nut) fibre-glassing it in place before putting on a new tap with floating nut.

Many thanks, Rich

Yes I get M16 x 1.5