Ty Mono Side Stand

cholas

If you insist on having one of a standard design there must be dozens lying under benches. A horrible design which I and most of my peers simply rode without (except for the first week in May of course). Place an advert.

So then, anyone got one for sale?

I made one for a TY350 loaner bike I let new riders try (much safer than letting them borrow the Pro) and I just took one off my other TY and used it as a pattern. Ask to borrow one from a friend to give to the fabricator to use as a pattern.

Jon

Thanks for the reply. I am the only one of my mates with a trialler. Ant chance of a pic or some measurements for my fabricator?

I'll get the good camera out tomorrow and try to take some photos and measurements for you.

Jon

The bike is a TY350 I set up for new riders to try at events when they don't have a bike to ride yet. Although it has many updates and mods and goes, stops and handles well, it is purposely made to look "rough" with old, beatup plastic on it so the rider does not have a heart attack when, not if, they drop it in the rocks. The stand was quickly made from scrap so cost was nil. The "stealth" TY has started a LOT of new riders in Trials over the years. The thick wall tubing does not bend easily like the stock TY does.

Approximate spec.'s:

20mm OD, thick wall tubing and 1/4' plate

first straight length of stand-19.5cm

second lengh-11cm

third length-6cm

post-2532-0-72814600-1327941114.jpg

post-2532-0-15179400-1327941145.jpg

post-2532-0-03277400-1327941169.jpg

post-2532-0-17354200-1327941187.jpg

post-2532-0-64066300-1327941203.jpg

post-2532-0-14737600-1327941217.jpg

As I recall we used to bolt them on the inside of the swinging arm too. It doesn't catch your boots then!... I cant remember if we had to bend anything though.

That's a good idea. You might have to bend the stand out a little to clear the spokes but I can see the advantage to it.

Jon