Maintainance

bri8617

after riding my bike 3 to 4 hours at a time whatsort of maintainance should i be doing apart from washing it down? i usually wash and oil the air filter,drain the carb float bowl and check the plug looks ok! it this ok ,not enough or too much .any help would be welcome as pushing my bike back home a few miles is something i could do without

That sounds about right to me.

If anyuthing was broken then you would probably notice it whilst wasing, washing your bike regularly is therefore one good way to prevent getting stuck in the middle of newhere.

Guest coflet

I always do all the things already said but i also take the chain off and submerge it it old gearbox oil for a day or so, then hang it up to drip .I dont use chain lube as it picks up grit due to it being sticky wearing inbetween the links.A decent chain (renthall )usually lasts me about a year. :D

Don't wash it unless it needs it. Lube everything up and adjust the normal stuff chain brakes clutch throttle. then add in extras as you use the bike after 6 or so trials change the oil do the filter when it needs it pump up the tyres check spokes clean carb etc etc, the Sherco website and RYPUSA are very good as to what jobs need to be done.