Can Someone Please Explain How Wiggy Lost?

beatabeta

(joking)

Dan Thorpe riding the section perfectly to the current No Stop rules.

(apologies for the poor sound quality)

Aye that was the only clean I've seen so far out of all the vids

Surely if you're hopping, the wheels aren't turning and the rider is nudging the bike 'technically' forward with his body and not the bike's power to turn the wheels.............so only Dan Thorpe did it correctly under 'No Stop

Yes or No??

Edited by Johnnyboxer

Another view of Alexz's '2'

Interesting isn't it, even after viewing the replay, pausing it, replaying - there's no consensus on mark Alexz should have been given! How on earth do the observers stand a chance!!??

Great this new no-stop isn't it...

Edited by dwalters

Another view of Alexz's '2'

Interesting isn't it, even after viewing the replay, pausing it, replaying - there's no consensus on mark Alexz should have been given! How on earth do the observers stand a chance!!??

Great this new no-stop isn't it...

He went backwards at the top, when the bike got stuck.............

In the strictest interpretation of the no stop rule "the front wheel spindle must maintain forward motion at all times" I would have give both Wigg & Fry a 5. Fry stopped at the bottom of the slope, you can see his bars recoil.

If I were actually observing (as I do occasionally) I would probably have given cleans.

My real dislike is when riders in no stop trials expect to put a foot down, pull the bike back and re attempt the step or whatever and expect only a one.

I have a solution - why not mark on overall style instead, like they do on strictly come dancing or dancing on ice. If you think the riders effort is good and he gets up the section its a 0, if he struggles and messes about but still makes it , give a 3. If he stops and has to drag the bike about its a 5 and if the rider is a right tosser and not dressed properly its a 10!

Cheers

Sam didn't dab or appear to dab with any part of his body. Momentary pause on a hard section. Could have been a five with a strict observer but probably a sensible clean given. Dan's ride was 100% a clean but with modern brakes, suspension and on very tight sections I think Sams was acceptable.

And for the stop allowed boys this only being as leinient as allowing riders to travel backwards under the guise of going sideways or balancing.

Sam didn't dab or appear to dab with any part of his body. Momentary pause on a hard section. Could have been a five with a strict observer but probably a sensible clean given. Dan's ride was 100% a clean but with modern brakes, suspension and on very tight sections I think Sams was acceptable.

And for the stop allowed boys this only being as leinient as allowing riders to travel backwards under the guise of going sideways or balancing.

Sorry ,but a Momentary pause on any section has to be a five , if you start showing leinience then where do you draw the line ? Stop for a nano-second , a second ? count to 3 ?

I don't care what rules we run to, as long as the rules are enforced ONE WAY , OR THE OTHER ! :wall:

From this angle, I can see why the observer might have thought there were two dabs.

But then from the angle Darren was filming, it looks more like a roll back, hence a five under either set of rules.

Not an easy call to make, even with the benefit of two videos.

If you are following this thread Alexz, how would you have marked the ride looking at these videos?