Can Someone Please Explain How Wiggy Lost?

beatabeta

In my opinion, Thorpy was the only clean from the video's I have seen. Sam, Myself and James all stopped therefore should have all been 5's.

Having watched Sam stop in the bottom, on the ledge and handlebars resting on the banking and still get given a clean then me receive the mark I got, that's why i felt a bit hard done by. You can see from video that I rode the section completely no stop until I got into trouble in the gully. Really me trying to ride the section to the rules was actually my undoing. Maybe I should have stopped a bit more before the hard bit? Had Sam been marked properly I wouldn't have questioned being given a 5 because the observing would have been consistent. Please understand how frustrating it is for a rider to be clean all day and be that close to a win only for an observer to give you a mark which when you ask them what it was for, can't give you an answer. This isn't a dig at observers as I appreciate what they do. I certainly wouldn't want to do their job with the no stop rules.

Alexz

I would not blame the observer at all and certainly not blame the rules, under either set, the correct score should have been a 'five.'

As you will see from Alexz' own reply (earlier in this thread,) a 'two' was a generous score, it could easily have been 'five.'

Dodgy observing didn't cost him the win, but it must have been frustrating for him to see others scored more leniently.

None of us know what the observer saw, he (or she) gave a 'two and you can see why when you watch one of the videos, when you watch the other video you could understand a 'clean' being given. Even with the benefit of two video's from similar angles, things look different.

And the observer only had one chance from one angle to decide on the correct mark.

Only have to watch football to see how wrong a judgement can be. Now that does need technology.

It does seem halve assed to say its the best of British, yet none of us here agree on this out come, so what's the answer ?

Edited by smalley250

• 2 weeks later...