Throttle Cable.

bob

Just a little problem. I would like to tighten my throtle cable, but have run out of thread on the adjuster, can I just remove the top of my carb and pull the slider out and then adjust a screw or something?

My bike is a 03 rev3

Thanks

Bob

Edited by bob

So how does the throttle cable attatch to the slider??? Is thr throttle bable attatched to the slider? counds abit expensive to produce to me, thanks for your help though.

My nipples have not fallen off to date, but I will take your word for it and will restrain myself from playing with my bikes nipples.

The throttle cable is attached to the slider with a nipple that passes through a hole in the top of the slider.

Thinking about it you can also get cable extenders, a small extension piece that goes over the the cable and pushes out the external part of the cable. which then will make the cable tighter. offering you some adjustment back. its an easy job to fit these at the bar end on domino throttle assemblies.

Looks like I will be having to get a new one, so each bike has its own throttle cable and sleeve to match the carb and throttle. I think tha cable has just stretched as it is the origonal one, and I like my throttle to be really responsive. Thanks, and thanks Stu for your comment about my bike. Are there no trials dealers in Hong Kong or summert, why use BVM whick is based in the UK???

Atlast I've got round to doing something abut that throttle cable, I set the float height as described on here aswell so that should no longer be a problem, and the new throttle cable will be here soon so i will leave it all in pieces until that arrives. What I actually want to know is where my mixture screw should be round abouts just for future reference.

Thanks for your help.