No Electrical Output Evo 250 4 Stroke 2011

lyn

Have a problem with my 250 4 stroke (2011) The fan stopped working, resulting in overheatign the bike obviously. I checked and observed no power output (no power to electrical fuel tap, nor to the lights)

Any advise on checking if its the alternator output or the rectifier/regulator (the diagram sucks) or experience with that type of failure ?

The rider's manual (download from http://www.americanbeta.com/sites/default/files/pdf/2012Support/Owners%20Manuals/Mototrial/2011%20Evo%20250-300%204%20stroke.pdf) page 66 gives some details of the resistance check on the generator output (called service power supply in the manual).

Sorry, can't help with any other info, but yes, the diagram(s) suck. Can't understand why Mr Beta doesn't have a better version on-line.

Hi Portman,

Appriciate your suggestion. The problem is not related to the ignition coil (which is what the manual instructions describe).

I wonder if it could be the rectifier/voltage regulator, but as far as I can judge its solid state, meaning either it work or not. Anyone experiencing problems with the rectifier please let me know