Clutch Problem...

aandtpile

I have a 2001 Montesa Cota. Recently, my clutch was slipping so I tried to fill up reservoir and bleed air out of system using brake bleeding kit. It seemed to bleed air out of system, but there is no pressure in clutch system when lever is pulled. Manual says to replace clutch slave cylinder seals which have never been done. Bike only has 500 km. Any advice, and if parts are needed, where would I get them from? Thanks.

Andy

Edited by aandtpile

air in the system will not cause slipping ,do you mean dragging? chances are there is still air in the system using an easy bleed kit will not necessarily remove all the air even if fluid coming out shows no air ,bleeding motorcycle brakes/clutch is very difficult for the inexperienced ,even for someone with experience it can take a couple of hours , i find if when pumping if there is air coming through the small hole just keep pumping ,and letting the lever flick out to shock it out ,but your probably best getting someone with experience to bleed it, if you have fluid loss then the seals could be worn if no sign of leak at master cylinder