Toyota Mr2 Bike Rack

heathy

Sorry to say this i've checked all the listings I have for towbar suppliers and can't find one that lists an MR2, of any year, might be a toyota only job.

the listings i've checked are towsure, witter, tow trust, bosal, brink and PCT. None of these list a MR2.

Sorry about that, if you do find one let me know who the supplier is though, it might be useful in the future......................

Even if you did find a towbar you may find that the car sits too low, to tackle the usual trials 'car park'! I was consdering buying a ClioSport 182, but then thought about how low the bodywork valences would be sitting once the Sherco was on the back, and imagined the scraping/ripping noises as I drove my way across a rocky, rutted field. Might not be so bad with a trailer, but if you are thinking about fitting a rack, have a think about how low your car will sit once the bike is on the back.

I did find a tow bar for an mr2 on ebayhere so I know a tow bar can be fitted but, as martin said im not sure how low the car will be to the floor, especially when the car only weighs about a tonne and is rear wheel drive. I would only really use the mr2 to take the bike to the place I practice, I am able to park the car on a normal road and just ride the bike down the rough track. :rolleyes:

Not a bad idea ishy, only joking.

I know it sounds like a stupid idea but I have seen mr2's with tow bars on and as I read on here somewhere, somebody seen a mini with a crosser on the back :unsure:

I wouldn't go that far, but I just need a way to transport my bike with a mr2.

I supose a trailer would be a better idea then it won't put so much weight on the car :D