Fork Seals

davet

As the title says mine have bust on my 2010 300 raga fitted with Marzocchi forks, can anyone give me any tips , or the order in which to perform said task.....Can the action be performed in garage / shed or is it a visit to local trials shop ? with my wallet..

Just been quoted £70 for the pair if i take the forks in not the bike.

If you go on youtube and search for Gas Gas fork seals theres a video on there of a Gas Gas mechanic (Jim Snell) who shows you step by step with instructions how to take out the old fork seals and put new fork seals in. Its not a hard job to do and doesn't take long so aslong as your handy with a spanner and have the fork oil you should be orite to do them yourself and save yourself some dosh

Just had a look at the videos myself and hadnt realised that they were for the old style forks not the new marzocchi forks as i used the video to do the forks on my previous bike. Im currently searching for a video or instructions on how to do the marzocchis myself so will let you know if i find anything