Sheffield Results As They Happen

Andy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question though were you in the main circuit with all the important people, coz those pic's look really close up!!!

Yes, I had press access to the arena so was right where the action was. If you mean speaking to the riders then, other to offer congratulations at the end, then no - they don't really have time for idle chit-chat! :o

One thing that nobody's mentioned is the organisers. I think they did a great job. They had a short time with access to the arena to get things set up and had to get out ASAP. Dougie's mum was spotted with a sweeping brush afterwards and Martin swapped the suit for overalls to help too. Can you picture Schumacher's mum sweeping the pits? I don't think so!

Congrats to Avondale for laying on a top event :o

Hi Andy great pictures and score updates on the night, in your previous post you mentioned the short amount of time they had to prepare the arena just wondered if you knew when they were first let into the hall and when they had to be out, also how do they transport the sections ther by a fleet of lorries I would imagine. It must be a great team effort.

6.30 am 2nd Jan, and had to be out QUICK I would say seeing that it was ALL hands on.

It was a great evening, and a great night/morning.

I hope Andy has recovered, cos I ain't just quite yet.

Wonder how Kinell is feeling.

:o

Just a note of thanks for posting the as it 'appens scores - well done guys.

Also checking on Eurosports Web TV schedule page, it seems the live round is replaced with Football or Boxing, depending on which Sat you use.

Arrghh! tell me its not so...........

I'll tell you one thing, he landed hard on the sump (front bit) no suspension to ease the landing!

Oooh, I reckon his teeth rattled a bit  :ph34r:

Looking at the position of his arms on the photo, I'd say that his bars were snapped at this point. (ouch!)

I couldn't see how he landed - but it looked pretty painful once Fuji was visible in the arena. I was amazed that he rode on, after the first aid attention - with his spare bike.

Dougie's mechanic immediately set to work on the no.1 bike to rebuild it - working using a hand torch - the pit area is pretty dark behind the curtain/screen - he was stripping off the bars etc. By the time it was all over, Josep (Fuji's Mechnanic/Minder) was still working on the bike. I watched him change the Rear Shock (piggy back Showa) for some reason. Maybe he landed right on the linkage ?

Forgot to mention that Dougie and Shaun got a mention by Sybil Roscoe on Radio 2 at about 2 AM Sunday morning, just as I pulled into my drive. Someone had texted-in the result on their way home.

Maybe this the way to get some trials coverage on the Beeb, trouble is we will all have to go nocturnal to see it/hear it.

Compared with being at Sheffield, the HK coverage was pants. I think that it got squeezed by the football ( a ratings winner folks) and couldn't possibly have overrun in to the Martina Navratilova slot (seemingly another ratings winner) :ph34r:

Like Andy, StuartC, Nigel Dabster and quite a few others, I did the VIP thing at Sheff, I was a bit dubious about the VFM, but have to say that it was well worth the extra pennies - well done Jake and the G2F crew !

The moment Doug rode in to the tent after the podium was just like being in the winners enclosure at Ascot !