Engin Rebuild

bondy

hi all i have a spare 199A engain in bits its all there. ive never done a engin rebuild before ive done some seals And clutch rebuild. what i want to know is is it easy enough to do a total rebuild? i think i could do it if i take my time ive got all the bits. the last owner has tie wraped the gears in its corect way id want to change all the bearings. in the crank cases dont know about the big end bearing. but before i get started ill have to prep the to half cases they need cleaning And paint needs to come off. am gonner do it myself keep the cost down but probely have to have the barral And head vapor blasted. also would i have to make some kind of mount to sit the engin on why i work on it?

• Like 1

The Bulto must be the easiest of all to rebuild. There's only one shim in the gearbox if I recall. Somewhere I have a 2 part Sammy Miller stripdown guide from the Motor Cycle but I'm sure there'll be a guide somewhere on the net.

Just make a square cradle of 3 x 3 and let the mnotor sit in it to stop it rolling about. I use the one I made up for changing tyres.

Edited by 2/4

hi mate nice one i do have a manual And parts book. am sure ill be ok but just needed abit of reasuring at least the engin is in bits makes it easyer to build. ill have to clean the to half cases And spray them before starting what about the big end i dont think it needs changin. but id sonner get it done is this a big job or would i be beter off taking it to the place i use to get the rebore done?