Frank Darrieulat Trials Rider

dancinbird

Hi Everyone

I don't know if I'm in the correct forum but apologies if not. My dad was Frank Darrieulat, for those of you that remember he was a fairly famous trials rider back in the day 1930's/40's/50's. He sadly passed away a couple of years ago and myself and my brother have found teachests full of silver ware, won at numerous trials and sidecar events, he is in a couple of old bike magazine articles and we have a coupe of photo's. I also have two gold stars which I believe he won at a 3 or 4 day event and had originally won three but had a star taken away for a misdemeanour.I wondered if anyone has any information or for the older members would remember him and could give us some idea of his trials career. He was always extremely modest and rarely talked about those days so I would love to know more about him if anyone can help. Thanks a lot.

I do!... he rode for BSA in sidecar trials, PM me and I'll give you what information I have on him. His outfit was registered XJO 277 I think form memory.

Normally "ACU Gold Stars" were awarded to British Champions, not just trial winners!

Big John

thanks for the replies guys. I will pm you bigjohn.

Digger144 - my dad invented those forks but unfortunately did not patent them. Now his story was that they were then copied and have been updated into the fork that is now used on modern scrambling bikes. I know for sure he invented them but the rest - who knows???