2010 Gas Gas Gear Box Rattle

chris91

Hello my gas gas txt pro 250cc 2010 has a rattle coming from the clutch. When clutch pulled in noise goes the let it out rattle back. Even when you put in gear and crawl it rattles until from clutch. Any ideas if normal?

Thanks chris

Hi mate, has it just started or has it always been there, the pros always rattle as I found out shortly after buying one and stripping it down thinking it had a problem. The rattle is probably gearbox due to the design wich is different from other trials bikes.

There is a video i remember watching by jim snell explaning why they make the noise on you tube.

The noise really worried me at 1st as i just brought the bike and the 1st time out it overheated (turned out to be a cracked cylinder) so only rode it for a very short time. It was also smoking badly which I was told when I 1st looked at it that it was burning too much 2 stroke as the fuel had evaporated while it was standing in the showroom, Yeah right crank seals were gone and burning gear oil.

Wont mention where i got it from but payed top money for it, had to drive from southampton to stroud to get it and had to fix it myself.

The dealer sent the parts free after alot of persuading, a lot of phone calls and 4 weeks later, so it only cost me time but its all good in the end as luckily im good with a spanner. Time will tell how it holds up now.

so after fixing the bike I was paranoid about every noise but now have learned to live with it and I dont notice it anymore.

Investigate your noise as it could be more than just the usuall noise.

Good luck