Scorpa Torque Settings

trialsryder

I am new to the Trial/Scorpa world. I need to do some maintenance to my, new-to-me, '07 Scorpa SY 250.

My manual is lacking in the area of torque values for; triple-clamps, axle pinch bolts, headset, etc.

I searched the Ryan Young website for general values, but came up empty.

Does anyone have this information, or a viable link to the correct information?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

PS - Will regular industrial bearings work in the front wheel, or do I need to purchase "Scorpa" specific bearings?

Not to panic! Now, as I have not owned a Scorpa in a while, I still cannot think of much that would not directly transfer over form the specs listed on the Sherco side of things on the RYP website. Bolts are bolts and standards are standards, so same things apply to 5,6,8 mm diameter bolts, axles as well, as they all basically use the same setup.

Obviously you want to insure things things are sound, so you would want ti hit on most things with a wrench or socket, just do not overdoo it as stripped threads are not good.

And the bearings should be pretty standard, the 6004-2RS number comes to mind, yet I could be wrong, I am sure someone will correct me. Does the bike have the Paioli front end? I cannot recall exactly when they went to the Marz forks on certain bikes.

I will get you more numbers if needed, yet it is late.

Cheers,

Thanks for the information.

The '07 was the last year to have the Paoli fork.

I want to be extra careful working on this bike. Working on it feels like adjusting a watch, and I do not want to slip something and be sidelined for a month waiting for parts.

Anyone know how to relocate the thermostat into the water pipe coming from the cylinder head?

• 3 months later...