Xispa Air Box ?

warren

Ok I have taken a "punt" on a 09 250R for my lad because its mint and was silly money cheap. I must say from first impressions its appears pretty ok and rides spot on !! The only problems I can see at the moment (and its a biggy) is the Air Box. The intake is directly under a large opening in the "seat" plastics. The first wiff of mud/water and the thing just sucks it right in. Has anyone else had similar issues, or better still found a cure/fix.???

Hi Warren, I'm going to answer, but i don't know if this a Joke thread. If it isn't please don't be offended.

From your avatar you ride a TxT Pro? Your air intake is also under a panel on the 'Seat' Plastics. As are most trials bikes.

As for stopping mud and water getting in, thats not a massive problem, as you should have a well oiled air filter in there, and possibly a 'Drain' bung on the bottom of the air box. As for stopping water getting in, many people Duct tape around the panal.

Thanks for the reply, and yes I was being serious. I can see where your coming from, maybe I didnt explain/describe very well. The problem is the Filter is directly under the "Big Hole" after just 10 mins riding the Filter was full of mud. On my Pro the the Filter is protected by a clear plastic cover that stops this happening. But there isnt enough room on the Xispa to try and fit one.

Edited by warren

Blunt answer is it an Xispa, don't expect things like that.

So where the big hole is, there should be some Gauze across it. If you think that the holes within that are too large, get down to morrisons and buy a cheapo seive, the wire mesh type. Cut it up and bond it to the plastic. This obviously won't stop water, but it'll stop larger parts of mud.

As for water, if it hasn't got a drain plug in the bottom of the airbox, maybe put one in. Small splashes of water etc arn't too bad, if your filter is well oiled.

My 4RT was the same, the holes in the seat let all sorts of mud and crud straight onto the filter.

I just used car body repair gauze stuck to the underside which kept the mud out

• Like 2