Tlr250 Clutch Case

barfy

Several weeks ago I took off the TLR250 clutch casing to respray it, but I’m stuck how it goes back on properly. There is a metal ‘finger’ that seems like it should engage on a ‘collar’ with a spring. This collar is on the kick-start shaft.

Should the collar go between the case and finger or is it held closer to the engine by the finger?

Where does the bit that sticks out on the collar go?

Hope this makes sense, but I’ve attached pictures to help describe what I mean.

picture1.jpg

picture2.jpg

I think the finger operates the auto decompresser, in which case the bit that sticks out (technical term) must engage with the finger. I will try to have a look at my manual tomorrow, its a few years since I took mine apart.

TLTEL

Hi

I've got the cluch case case off of my XL 185 at the moment and I think the auto decompressor mechanism is the same.

If you can tell me how to insert a picture on here I have one showing the alignment.

Mine has a dot mark on the cam/collar and another on the kick start shaft that need to be aligned.

If you have no marks then the lobe of the cam points directly towards the doweled screw hole up and left of the shaft.

When fitting the cover I found that I needed to turn the linkage anti clockwise (when veiwed from outside the casing) a bit.

Hope that makes some sort of sense

Nick