315R Carb Issues

andy2565

just been out for the first time on my Montesa,had a great time,but had problems with the carb,i'd already cleaned and blew all the jets through and treated it to a new filter and throttle cable,

the problem was that if you lent the bike to either side the revs went up and wouldnt settle down again,the cable wasnt trapped,the throttle wasnt returning straight away but the slide was,could it be the float level or the needle not shutting off.

the carb wasnt overflowing,if you opened the throttle past quarter open the revs would increase on their own,got to be a carb issue of sorts,but what ?,we would like to go out again on sunday,so i got to sort it cheers andy

Check that the needle circlip is held under the spring held retaining plate and that the cable is located correctly in the slide.

Cable should exit the carb top at the 10' o'clock position, always put your fingers on the float bowl to feel the slide returning to fully closed after refitting the tank.

If the above doesn't cure it check the floats, float height and fuel valve assy.

Sounds like the circlip above the retaining plate to me. :closedeyes: (1988 IOM 2 day Yam TY250 :wall: )

cheers for the reply,i checked if the slide was returning,which it is ,i'll check the circlip,the routing of the cable was one thing i kept checking and the best route was at 10 oclock and over the top of the frame brace,the tank doesnt seem to pinch it there,but why would it rev when tipped to either side cheers andy

Edited by andy2565