I Need Your Help Guys!

axl

Hi,

I'm working for Halo on developing new safety equipment, and need to

know what you guys want to have, how much you would spend, what is

important for you and stuff.

Please visit the following link to know more about Halo.

http://haloprotection.webhop.net

The survey is two pages with 9 questions each. I used between 2.5-3

minutes when I tried it the first time.

Thank you for your time guys!

Axl :unsure:

Question stemming from the previous post.

Does anybody actually use any protection for trials, other than:

Helmet

Boots

Gloves

I suppose we have some minimal padding in the likes of Hebo trousers and padding in some jackets, but presumably these are specific protection devices, like body armour etc.

What sort of thing are we talking about Axl? Do you have anything to do with the above three?

Yeh your right BS thats all i have i mean i have a bit if padding in the knees of my clice trousers, but other than that no paddy just a light shirt (matching clice) .

Also when its hot im sure im not the only one but i just wear a T-Shirt sometimes.

You can t really have much protection on the body or legs like motocross as you need to be moving your body around and it could become quite hard with stiff protection.

Question stemming from the previous post.

Does anybody actually use any protection for trials, other than:

Helmet

Boots

Gloves

But still the questionaire asks about Arm, Head and Leg protection, and also asks about pricing and which is a priority.

The result of this could mean exactly what you've said, this could make the price of helmets, boots and gloves cheaper and also more developed as they are in a high priority and people may, or most likely, may not be prepared to pay high costs for protection...although in a business sense it would mean that its in a high priority and so they will charge more because they know its something most cant do without.

one thing i find hard to get is gloves without neoprene in them of any form as in addiprene,air prene and the like as i am very allergic to it in contact with my skin i know i am not alone.i have to buy gloves and then alter then by sewing new cuffs into them its a pain in the rear they used to make them but now every glove maker seem to use neoprene :unsure:

you can call me a Fanny if you want :D but after doing my knee ligament in on my bike,not to mention dislocating my clavicle, I now ride with knee braces and have just purchased one of the sixsixone pressure suits, which has back,shoulder,elbow,forearm,chest protectors built in, yeah the first time I wore it the lads took the p*** :unsure: but i've seen enough of hospitals to last me a friggin life time, and being as prone to falling off as i am :hl: and being as old as i am, i've started feeling the knocks abit more, which prompted me to splash the cash, overall I think it's the dogs B*****ks , but it can get a tad warm sometimes, though how long it lasts could be an issue.so if you see someone at cowmn that rides a rev'3, looks like a michelin man, and walks like john wayne, it's me. ;)

Lew gasgas

you need to read the rule book I think. If I'm right and your still a youth you must wear a fully length sleave during a trial. T shirts are not acceptable.

Now why this rule exsists is beyond me. A thin shirt doesn't really provide any protection.

I believe the rule book doesn't say that you MUST have covered arms, it says "strongly recommended" (or something like that).

It says its strongly recommended for adults to have their arms coverd, but youth riders MUST have thair arms coverd.

It says youths must wear a long sleved shirt but what if they roll up thier sleves :huh: there still wearing a long sleved shirt

Edited by Trials Lad

In ACU terms im sort of an adult nearly 17 this year so you cant really call me a child but i know im still maybe a youth .........I never said anything about entering a trial with no sleeves? You just assumed i said on hot days i ride with short sleeves like for practicing its my fault if i fall off and scrub arms :)

And Neonsurge its exactly what i was going to say because i have read the rules!

:huh::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

hehe :P

I'm really glad for your help with this survey and appreciate the advices given!

Thank you!

Any motorcycle rider on or off road would have the less restrictions to moving their body as possible. This is also a goal for Halo.

Our thing is about safety. Wether it's cheap or expensive, gloves or entire suits, it's all about what YOU want and what you need. There's no point making equipment you cannot or will not use.

We want to produce safety gear that put less restrictions to your body and improves your safety. How? Well, the first thing we need to know is what?, and with your help we're trying to find an answer to that question. When we know your needs, then we can apply some of our ideas.

Axl

I would definatly buy a thin, long sleeved shirt, preferably cotton that had as much anti-thorn etc protection as possible, maybe with a little elbow padding. Mainly for use in summer, but could also go underneath a jumper in the winter. Only got one long sleeved thin t-shirt, and thats too small!

Pete.

Coming from Supermoto I don't feel comfortable on a bike without some protection.

I use these under my leathers and tried them under a long sleeve t-shirt on my Montesa. When I inevitably fell off (elbow/shoulder impact) all I could do was laugh :huh:

No pain, scuffs or discomfort from the fall at all.

Highly recommended as they are very light but add a decent amount of protection where and when you need it. Also at the price you just can't turn it down.

Poke

Edited by PokenH00D