3 Jours D Ardeche

chewy

Just a quick impression in case anyone is interested.

This was the second edition of this trial which starts at Colombier le vieux in the Ardeche it is the home of trialclub.com run by the trial de Burle it comprised of Sat.85 k & 20 sections Sun 95 K & 20 sections Monday 50 K & 18 sections. All sections have 4 routes catering for all abilities (Janet came in 11th on s4 out of 80 in the class). The interzone is mostly mountain tracks and trails through woods etc. Each day has a lunchstop with sit down restaurant service including 3 courses & wine you get an hour to eat if you arrive early you get that time as well ( I should point out that you get a timecard and have to clock in and out of time controls) generally a well organised event with some superb views and sections. The sections are advertised as no stop but the French don't really understand no stop and there are some sections from s3 to expert where you have to stop and hop if you want to clean them; this can cause a few bouchons (blockages) as there are sometimes groups of up to 10 mates riding together , I understand this will be stopped next year to aide the flow of riders. I will be going again (all things being equal) but you need to be sharp ..the entries opened this year sometime back in February and were full within 2 hours... first come first served basis.

Just a quick impression in case anyone is interested.

This was the second edition of this trial which starts at Colombier le vieux in the Ardeche it is the home of trialclub.com run by the trial de Burle it comprised of Sat.85 k & 20 sections Sun 95 K & 20 sections Monday 50 K & 18 sections. All sections have 4 routes catering for all abilities (Janet came in 11th on s4 out of 80 in the class). The interzone is mostly mountain tracks and trails through woods etc. Each day has a lunchstop with sit down restaurant service including 3 courses & wine you get an hour to eat if you arrive early you get that time as well ( I should point out that you get a timecard and have to clock in and out of time controls) generally a well organised event with some superb views and sections. The sections are advertised as no stop but the French don't really understand no stop and there are some sections from s3 to expert where you have to stop and hop if you want to clean them; this can cause a few bouchons (blockages) as there are sometimes groups of up to 10 mates riding together , I understand this will be stopped next year to aide the flow of riders. I will be going again (all things being equal) but you need to be sharp ..the entries opened this year sometime back in February and were full within 2 hours... first come first served basis.

Sounds good, how much is the cost and where did you stay?

• 10 months later...