Fantic To Change Or Not To Change?

quert

hello fantic fans just got a 305 would like to know what you think of changing it with newer shocks, forks ,wheels ?

thinking of putting beta wheels shock and forks .

or do i keep it as was with all the old stuff ? :closedeyes:

Just don't see the point

The 305 was as good a bike as you could get at the time, if not the best air-cooled mono. It works fine as it is.

If you're riding it in an air-cooled mono class, the whole point of that class is for bikes built during a certain period and for the spec of those bikes. Change all that and it is no longer a bike with a spec from that era. If you're riding it it modern events it's a different matter but to compete against other air-cooled monos, you're drifting outside the purpose of having a class for an era of bike.

Personally I don't get why people want to do this. Presumably, old bikes are bought because their owners have some kind of affinity for them, used to ride them or wanted to but couldn't afford one at the time. So why buy them now and then try to change them into something else that they weren't - may as well buy something else to start with. Same with twinshocks.

Only my opinion of course. Your bike, so up to you what you do with it.

• Like 2