Ossa Tr280I?

trialnerror

I have not had the opportunity to ride the new Ossa but based on the pictures, it appears to have some good engineering. What do the current / past owners have to say about these bikes?

For as few as I see around (as in none at the last national), there seems to be quite a few for sale.

I keep an eye on them as I think the ideas are good. Generally they seem OK. You can break the Gearbox by bashing the lever but that happens to Gas Gas Pro's as well. Some starting problems that seem to have been solved by the later Fuel injection maps. Frame, brakes and suspension seem as good as anybody else's. I don't think they are that different to anybody elses bike barring the use of expensive suspension and a lack of middle box on the exhaust. Like most bikes if you can try before you buy.

Hi

Had a 2011 TR 280 and have just replaced it with a 2012 Factory R model. I think they are a fantastic bike! Had a 4RT before the Ossa, and the Ossa seems to weigh half as much, is a LOT easier to ride and grips better than anything else I have ridden to date [think I've been able to try pretty much everything]. They do take a little fiddling to get right initially [especially the mapping and fueling-they are VERY sensitive to mapping-for example my 2011 bike was perfect with map 10, but when we tried map 11E it just would not run cleanly off the bottom, no matter what we did, but back on 10 it was excellent. For me, I can't imagine anything better but I should say that I'm a 50 something Novice in it purely for the fun of it, so it may be that an expert might find a few things different, although Guy Kendrew seems to go pretty well......

My advice would have to be try one [if you're in the N East-England, that is-you're welcome to have a go on mine] and if you like it get one cos they definately grow on you.

Hope this helps

Happy trialling

Will-in-the-mud