Tl320 Seat

mudyman

Hi Guys,

has anyone knowledge about the early seats on the first gunaco bikes ? My TL 320 Gunaco has a thickly polsterd single seat with SWM Logo in it.

I´ve looked for pictures etc. of other ones and they all have the new sort which is much thiner and harder.

The bike has following details that can still be read TL / 111179 / 00007 the rest has gone with the years but it must be a quite early one as it has 34 mm forks before they changed to 35 mm.

Looking at a picture of the long ride version it seems this had a simular thick seat but was just a bit longer.

Hi b40rt

yes I know martins page. Even if you look at the parts list of 1978 where a short and a long seat are shown the short trials seat is the flat one. My seat is something in the middle of both but has origional SWM on it.

I have only ever seen 3 styles of seat on the 320. The short vinyl covered version with the SWm logo used from 78-82. The solid foam lower version 82-83 and the long version used on the TL320MW.

Would be interested to see a photo of yours

Martin

I´m not so sure because the seat base is exactly like the others with the screws fot the seat straps at the back. If it was a long seat they would have probably been further back "or not". Maybe its a shortend long seat cover on a short seat base.

What about the fixing pins on the frame have you seen them so low down before ?

Ian

You could be right with the mix and match seat.

The long seat didn't use straps but had a rear fixing bolt that went through the Mudguard.

Yes, I have the lower pins on my Gusnaco, they

used what looked like a long O ring to secure the back of the seat.

thats another possibility, maybe professionaly done. It seems that I now know its not a seat that was usualy found as series.

It´s comfortable and doesn´t get in the way when riding.

Thanks all for your interest