Frame Polishing

notslow

I've peeled the stickers off the frame of my Techno and may put some new stickers on.

But on the other hand i'm thinking of leaving it plain.

Is there some thing i can buy to clean up and polish the frame?

Whats the best stuff to use?

Has anyone tried it and does it look any good?

Cheers

:huh:

could try some white spirit, or WD40, ifnot then maybe if you go with the grain of the brush then some brasso or fine metal polish.

They definately look best with no stickers on, I am gonna take mine off when they get raggy.

bob

the only way to polish the beta frame is to remove the protective layer. but if i where you i would not do it because it may look nice when it's polished but wait until your boots rub on the frame and scuff it and all that lovely corsive mud that makes it pit i polished my swing arm and a really regret it, it is really high maintance

Do you want to clean up the frame, or actually polish it?

I've taken the stickers off and theres loads of glue and stuff all along the frame, so i'll have to clean all that off.

I'll see how it looks when i've got all the crap off.

The thing is, theres loads of rubbing marks down the frame near the foot pegs. I'm thinking that if it still looks tatty after i've cleaned it up, if i polish it up so it's nice and shiney it will cover that up a bit and make it look a bit newer.

Polishing an alloy frame is a long and messy process requiring various mops and a range of special compounds, i would think long and hard before undertaking this job.

Doing bits like exhausts etc is the best way to learn the technique after you have bought the kit, and polished alloy is very easy to keep shiny if you have done it properly in the first place, but doing the whole frame is a different thing!