Sherco Wont Run

Guest coflet

Guest coflet

On my Sherco 2.9 2002 id been riding the bike all day about 5 hrs ,next day after cleaning tried to start it nothing ,changed plug ,cleaned carb ,cleaned filter etc, etc, all the things you would imagine it would be still wouldnt go .Eventually after pulling all my hair out took the flywheel off to find the woodruff key had sheared slipping the timing ,cleaned up put a new key in bingo all running ok (nearly new bike not covered by warranty ?).

Maybe last resort but definitely worth knowing. :huh:

PS hair grew back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

same happend to my gasser, alough we got it to run by not using the plug cap and threading the wire onto the plug but it used to keep shorting the pulg gap every 10's, so a cheap job to fix luckilly :huh:

same happend to my gasser, alough we got it to run by not using the plug cap and threading the wire onto the plug but it used to keep shorting the pulg gap every 10's, so a cheap job to fix luckilly :huh:

WHAT?

The woodruff key gives no support. It is only to locate the flywheel on the shaft. It is made of soft metal and is meant to shear so it won't wipe out the shaft if the flywheel slips.

Most flywheel slippage happens after someone has it off and doesn't re-torque properly.