Rev3 Paoli Damper

liviob

I would like to read the tech info too. While The damper is easy enough to disassemble it is built differently than most other dampers and I would like to know if there is anything I may have missed.

Edited by liviob

Guys sorry but the info is in my house stuff, and we are in the process of shifting house. I'll dig it out ... but it will be in a few weeks. I got the sheet when i purchased a shock rebuild kit from the NZ Beta Importer - It looked like an Italian instruction sheet so you may be able to chase one down by emailing Beta Customer service.

I gave all the stuff to a motorcross shock expert and he said it would be easy, For him it was easy. He didn't have that much pressure so he only filled to about 160 and it was fine. From memory we tried 5wt oil and it was too slow so swapped that out for 2.5wt and it was brilliant. Really brilliant.

Edited by nzralphy

Thanks NZRalphy. I had already rebuilt the damper and was looking for confirmation on the nitrogen psi setting. My other concern was regarding the bleed process. I have never handled a brand new damper of this design so while cycling the damper by hand I noticed something regarding the character of the damping feel that was different from the feel of my 09Evo damper or my 01Rev3 damper. Both dampers while of different design are not limited in how much pressure the nitrogen chamber can exert upon the oil. With the 03-08 paioli damper the oil nitrogen seperater piston is limited in how far it travels. Once it comes in contact with the damper wall it cannot compress the oil any longer. I think I may have answered my own question, but it would be great if someone with some rebuild experience with this design could confirm whether or not adding a small amount say 10 psi of nitrogen to the nitrogen chamber is a good idea or not during the bleed process.

Edited by liviob