Beta Rev3 250 07 Fan Doesn't Work

bdub

Hi Bdub,

I have had the same problem with my rev 3 which i have just cured. The first thing to do is take the 2 wires from the thermostat on the bottom of the radiator and using a piece of wire loop together and start the bike. Check to see if the fan is on if it is you need a new thermostat. If it isnt the fan is knackered. Fans are £117.00 but i bought mine second hand from a guy who breaks bikes called Allens trials spares for £45.00 put his name into google he is from chesterfield uk.

The Thermostat is situated at the bottom right hand side of the radiator and its a big brass nut with 2 wires on it. Pull the wires off and put a small piece of wire in each connector making sure the wire is touching the metal inside each connection. This makes the fan continuous when looped together and the fan should stay on when the bike is started. If the fan does come on you will need to buy a new thermostat which is only a couple of pound and you will also need to buy some new coolant because you will lose your coolant from the radiator when you unscrew the thermostat. To replace the coolant just fill the radiator and secure the radiator cap and check the coolant level after running. If the fan does not come on when looped you will need to replace the fan which is fairly easy but the screws securing are quite tricky to get at. make sure you check the coolant level either way as you might have boiled some out of the engine. Also check your oil for water to make sure you have,nt popped any seals when overheating. Oil when mixed with water usually goes like thick milky colour depending on which oil you have in the gearbox. Some people use the red automatic transmission fluid which goes like pink milk shake when mixed with water. If you do spot any of this you will need to change the water pump oil seal which is not easy if you are not mechanically minded and will cost around £100.00 in a garage. Hope this helps