Trials In France?

jse

One of our NEOTT club members, Dave, will be staying, with his sons, in the Normandy region in France for four months starting in December. He and his two sons have become avid Trials riders, having started about 2 years ago. He and his sons would REALLY enjoy attending some Trials in France and even participating in a Trial or two if they could rent some bikes. I told him I would post a request to TC for some contact information as to clubs, clubmembers, events and possibly bike rentals.

Dave has really embraced the Sport and loves it as do both his young sons and I'm guessing that he, like a lot of others here on the Forum (including me since 1971) will be life-long participants. He is the guy who built a night Trials site on his property for the NEOTT club (and any other riders) to use, free, and installed industrial lighting, a sound system, built trailer parking areas for camping and brought in a lot of material for building obstacles. He has been unbelieveably generous to the Trials community and we have riders come down for the Summer night events from several states around Oklahoma and I'd like to help him out any way I can. I'd appreciate any info, contacts or websites I can pass on to him.

Thanks!

Jon

Great info, thanks! I'll try to find out exactly where the area is that he and his family will be staying at and post it.

Again, thanks!

Jon

The biggest problem you will encounter is any club letting you ride without a licence. If you can borrow bikes, I have never heard of trials bikes for rent,, all well and good, but to actually ride in a trial unless your friends are happy to join a club and get a licence its almost a non starter.. sorry

If you were heading further south , the club I belong too has an 80 and 125 beta with which they do a saturday trials school, every saturday with a qualified instructor...

Good luck as I will be asking a similar question about New Zealand shortly, a trip becons in JAN 2013 would love to take in a trial if possible ...Any body near Auckland got a pair of old wellies and helmet with an a twin shock they don t mind lending out...

I wont bend it .. honest...

• Like 1