Ty 250 Mono

sykes

hi

is the standard tank on the ty 250 mono plastic or metal?

looking to possibly buy one so anything i should look out for if i see one for sale.

just wanting an old ploder that does not give too much trouble and i think one of

these might fit the bill better than the older twin shock model.

cheers....

They had both,from memory the earlier Ty250 S had a steel tank,cant remember if that changed on later S's.My Ty250 which was an 85 model had the smaller plastic tank.

Dont be afraid of either the mono or the earlier twinshock,both are great bikes,fun to ride and reliable - parts situation is excellent too.

Edited by jon v8

Plastic tank will fit on all mono frames regardless of whether it originally had a steel one.

S and N (i think) models had the steel tank and the R and Pinky version had steel.

Finding a really good plastic tank is hard work - last NOS one I saw was £250.

250R Pinky tank is plastic. No new ones around. Most old tanks like mine have the petrol staining and cannot be painted (to last). Steel tanks can at least be prettied up with a coat of paint. But being steel they ding a lot easier. All depends what you need I guess. Good luck with your search