Ymir Trial

ymirtrials

The first ever Ymir trials event is in the history books now and from all accounts it was a great time had by all. The weather was perfect for both days and the evenings cool for hanging out by the camp fire. The Saturday trail ride saw about a dozen riders in two groups and we all got to see some spectacular scenery. We had twenty two riders registered for the competition and six for the little wheels event. A huge thanks to Pete and Zoe Bustin for hosting the event and thanks again to all people that helped out with scoring, trophies, food, firewood, photography, taking down the sections, the trail guides and Main Jet Motorsports. Thanks so much to you all!! And of course thanks to all the competitors who travelled all the way to Ymir and made the week-end a successful one. Best wishes to Pete for a speedy recovery, we couldn't have done it all with out you!!! Hope to see you all again next year.

Jay

• 9 months later...

Will there be a 2013 Ymir Trial?

We are working on the course for this years event, similar format to last year with a trail ride and little wheels trial on Saturday August 31 and competition on Sunday September 1st. Hope to see you here!

Jay

At present we are planning to have junior, intermediate, advanced and expert. Could add vintage class for next year if there is enough interest, I ride vintage too but usually only at the two day Outlaw events where it is modern on the one day and vintage the other. Are you going to the Newport trial this week-end? I think I may be able to make it down.

At present we are planning to have junior, intermediate, advanced and expert. Could add vintage class for next year if there is enough interest, I ride vintage too but usually only at the two day Outlaw events where it is modern on the one day and vintage the other. Are you going to the Newport trial this week-end? I think I may be able to make it down.

I'll be there, c'mon down. I was up there building sections until dark tonight.

I suspect all classes will start at 10:00 amd group check cause we're a bunch of weenies and it will be hot in the PM.

Edited by motovita

Unless plans fall apart I'll head down Saturday and camp out the night, many riders usually camp? Can't wait...

I'll be there, c'mon down. I was up there building sections until dark tonight.

I suspect all classes will start at 10:00 amd group check cause we're a bunch of weenies and it will be hot in the PM.

Camping will be nice. The pasture has been mowed and the night air is cool.

Usually it's either Canadians or Montana guys that camp overnight. I haven't heard from any of either other than you but someone always seems to show up. Louis, a newer rider who is rapidly rising through the classes lives at the site.

Be sure to look me up in the morning, Jeff, the bald guy on the 4RT, as I have to leave early.

seeya there

Is it fine to ride there on Saturday as it says on the poster? I'd like to put around a bit in the afternoon if so, if not then I'd have to just poke around and act like a tourist....... I'll be riding an old Rev.

Jay

Camping will be nice. The pasture has been mowed and the night air is cool.

Usually it's either Canadians or Montana guys that camp overnight. I haven't heard from any of either other than you but someone always seems to show up. Louis, a newer rider who is rapidly rising through the classes lives at the site.

Be sure to look me up in the morning, Jeff, the bald guy on the 4RT, as I have to leave early.

seeya there

Riding saturday is no problem. There's plenty of rocks under the powerlines that aren't being used this time. The marshal and some helpers will be there finishing up. I hope to be there for a short time saturday.

seeya