Fan Direction

bikerjase

hi guys, thanks to this fab forum i got the info i needed and got a new thermostat for the sherco.

Shamefully i didnt record which way round the red and yellow wire went onto the thermostat when taking them off

and now am wondering if it matters??? the fan now comes on which is great but is running anti clockwise as you look from the back of the bike. Is this ok?? does having the wires the other way round make it run in the opposite direction or does this have nothing to do with it.

I know i'm a numpty for not recording which way they went in first place. hope you great folk can help.

Pretty sure that the thermoswitch isn't polarity sensitive, it's really only a open/close switch & the power won't care which way it travels through it.

Have you removed the connections from the coil unit & plugged them back in wrong, this is the only way I can see that would cause the fan to run in the opposite direction although I'm not sure which way the fan turns as it's not something I pay attention to

The fan should suck air from the front and blow it out rearwards assisting the air through the rad when travelling forward If not it will be fighting against the air flow

Totally agree!! The thermostat switch doesnt matter which way its connected, it merely makes a connection between the two wires (whichever way round they are) when it gets hot to complete the circuit. The only way you could reverse the fan is by switching the two wires going into the fan unit itself.