Tyres Ty 250R Pinky

bird

After some advise on new tyres, please.

My bike had the original Michelins, but they're stuffed.

Should I stick with Michelin?

Any other brands worth considering (Pirelli, Dunlop, IRC...) or to be avoided?

The bike is not for competition, purely recreational, but I still want it to ride right.

Appreciate any words of wisdom.

Thanks.

bird bris. au.

Depends on which type of tubed rim. Some are ok some not. I may be wrong, but from what I've heard, standard TY250R rim is OK with X11 Michelin. Do you know different to this?

By the way bird, which Michelin is on the rear now?

Edited by feetupfun

Thanks guys.

Ah, um, eer, the tyres went to the dump after I had to hacksaw them off they were so rock hard!

So sorry, can't tell you exactly.

Trial Competition rings a bell, and they had tubes, but I don't know the exact model description.

Whatever was around in 1991 I guess.

See you're in Gladstone, feetupfun. Who's good for tyres in Qld/ Brissy? Cheers.

Can get IRC front and rear pretty easy up here in Gladstone through any of the three motorbike shops and sometimes they even keep them in stock. Can get Michelin too but Michelin sometimes takes months to arrive.

No idea where to go in Brisbane for trials tyres. Sometimes at big trials in SE Qld, trials bike dealers set up shop and have tyres for sale.

I use Michelin fronts and IRC rears

Regards

David

Thanks David, I'll have to have a sniff around. Imagine the Michelins will cost more than the IRCs. There's a joint on ebay offering Pirelli here in Bris, but I think they're more trials block style for trail bikes rather than true trials tyres.

Eddie. No idea about a price, but if you search ebay UK they pop up there sometimes.

Also, there is no rear disk brake on the air cooled monos, though the later Z model with water cooled motor had disks front and rear.

Cheers guys.

Thanks David, I'll have to have a sniff around. Imagine the Michelins will cost more than the IRCs. There's a joint on ebay offering Pirelli here in Bris, but I think they're more trials block style for trail bikes rather than true trials tyres.

Eddie. No idea about a price, but if you search ebay UK they pop up there sometimes.

Also, there is no rear disk brake on the air cooled monos, though the later Z model with water cooled motor had disks front and rear.

Cheers guys.

lots were modified to add a rear disc brake.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys.

If you compare the tread style and pattern between a mich and a Pirelli there really is no difference. The Pirelli MT43 is a slightly harder compound thus offering a little more wear.