Help To Id Scorpa

colinf

I know very little about these bikes ( i have a 191 Sherpa ) but my nephew just got one as a project.As far as i know they are French and used Rotax or Yamaha engines depending on age.I have seen the bike very briefly in the back of his van but haven't had a good look at it.Talking to him on the phone he said the graphics say 295 and he was thinking it's a 295 works.When looking for an engine number he came up with Beta 6300-A ! also 269A Beta on the head.The number on the headstock is 68097.Did they use Beta engines at all or has it been modified ( bodged?) at some time.If it helps the bike has the chain on the right,the ignition on the right and the kickstart on the left.Hydraulic cluch and delorto carb.Any help would be appreciated.

Yes it looks a lot like that. I may just be being a bit thick here but can someone tell me what capacities they were in what year.The jpg above says '95 works 255.People mention 255s and 295s if you look at the graphics on the bike in the picture the typeset of the two "5s" are different.Are they both 5s or is the middle one a stylised 9? When i saw my nephews bike in the van i read it as 255 and when we spoke later on the phone he said it was 295!