Need Help.

tmccoy448

I have 2002 txt 280.The fan motor came loose and the plastic fan blade got stuck on the radiator and messed up the fan blade.I have been looking to buy a new blade but can not fine it without the motor($130).I am wondering if there is some place to buy just the blade or maybe even another fan blade of some sort that will work. I know the honda crf bikes have fan blades but I do not know if it will fit. I am trying to avoid the $130 price just to get a $5 fan blade.Thanks

As far as I'm aware the fan blades can't be purchased separately because they are pressed onto the motor and sold as a complete unit. Otherwise they would have no end of complaints about people who wrecked there new blades trying to fit them. Ie hammering them on etc.

Your best bet would be eBay and such like or breakers see if you can get a second hand unit there's one here might be worth keeping an eye on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAS-GAS-125-TRIALS-BIKE-RADIATOR-COWLING-COMPLETE-WITH-FAN-AND-MOTOR-/160889514287?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2575c3292f&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_922

You can always replace the motor for

Edited by tazz229

Someone did try using a computer fan unit but it shook itself to bits after 5 mins or so.

I dare say if you could get a real tight fit the blades them self may work...

But then ya gotta also weigh up the $130 for a fan unit or the $$$$ it would cost if it overheated and done some serious damage!

I've just recovered from a broken fan, my motor went and overheated. Luckily I got away with a new motor

Edited by tazz229