Arrow Exhaust Re-Packing

coriolis

The arrow systems are re-packable, but only the rear half or so. Does anyone know whats in the front half? I'm assuming a wire wool type material?

I ask because my system has gone quite noisy, and re-packing has made little difference. I'm thinking of cutting it open and repacking the front half as I think this is the problem. I can weld titanium, so this isnt a problem, I would just rather know what I'm getting into first, before i set to a £800 exhaust with a grinder !!

If anyone has seen the inside of one, or knows what's in there, I would appreciate your input!

Thanks

The Arrow Exhaust has two baffle tubes which join on to each other,

It has a long Baffle tube at the front of the silencer which runs up to where the carbon end can starts.

When you take the end can off that has another small baffle tube built into it with packing around the outside,

Same with the front, It Just has a baffle tube in the middle with plenty of packing around the outside, Same as any exhaust really. The Loose/ stringy packing will work fine.

It can be a bit of a sod to put back together, So be careful.

I Can't see you having to grind it open to re-pack the front bit, When I had mine apart, It looked like you could do it all with just the end can off.

Edited by benbeta23

Ive re-packed the carbon end piece, and the rear part of the silencer that it locates into. However, the front half is sealed by a plate which is spot welded into place in four locations. There is no way of getting to this part without grinding or drilling the spot welds.

So on your silencer, you are able to re-pack all the way to the front where it meets the front pipe? And you used just normal packing? I assumed that because the front was sealed, it would be steel wool, like on the sherco exhausts. Or at least like they were when I rode sherco!

Interesting. I may drill out the spot welds, remove the plate, repack, and rivsert the plate back into place. That way it will be removeable in the future.

The only place it can be re-packed is from where the carbon guard starts to the end can. There is no packing at the very front part, If you click on the image it will show where I mean.

It sounds to me you very already packed it as much as you can do so.

I had took one apart on a 4T arrow exhaust and removed the packing completely, & when I put it back it was quite loud to start with & then it has quietened off a bit now, It might just need a bit of time to settle in.

post-6577-0-75118300-1350066775_thumb.jpg

Edited by benbeta23

On mine, there is an internal plate located maybe half way down the carbon guard. Mine also only has one baffle tube which runs from this point all the way to the rear end, which makes packing with the loose stuff a real pain, because you cant just fill the silencer and end cap separately, and then just stick them together. So sounds like our systems are slightly different. But maybe there is no packing past that point like you say.

What I may do is make a new baffle tube that splits, at the point where the silencer and end cap meet to make packing easier. Is this what yours is like?