External Condensor

mudyman

Hi all,

I´m thinking of moving the condensor up under the petrol tank so that it can easily be changed. Anyone done this ?

I suppose you can just join the three wires where the condensor normaly is and then fit the condensor in the blue wire to the HT coil (or not) ?

When I have had to change the condenser I remove the original, solder and tap the (black?) wires and put the condenser as you say by the coil. I have used a VW one from Eurocar parts. Don't remember touching anything other than the black wire.

Hi b4ort

thanks for your reply and yes I think we thinking the same. I intend to join the 2 black wires (coming from coil and going to the points + then when closed to earth) as well as the blue wire also now on the condensor (3 wires altogether) and going up to the HT-coil (in which I will connect the condensor).

• 1 year later...

Just had to spend a while with a differnt bike that didn´t want to start after standing around over the winter. After a few tests it seemed that the condensor was probably the problem. This was quite a new one and fitted as standard. I just left the old one in (still connected) and put a new one up by the coil. Bike started first kick and has a good spark now !!

• Like 1