Beta 290 2011 Kick Start Idel Gear

closeybeta2011

hi all im new to this site and looking to see if any one on hear had the same problem was out on saturday for an hour when my problem started. i started the bike as i did some thing wasant rite turnd the bike off ( when it started it was making a noise ) so after pushing the bike back to the van and geting it home i started striping it down only to find a tooth broken off the idel gear and found the broken tooth in the casing only to find 6 in total now at this point im thinking o no thinking ££££ after removing clutch and clutch basket the 5 teeth that i found are off the back of the basket the one that meshes with idel gear has any one had same problem or y this has happend iv spoken to beta uk today and they have said its not a conman fault so i asked y do you think this has happend reply was some one been kicking the guts out of it as in starting it as most will no it dosant take a lot of effort to start these bikes so thats not the answer to my question and the parts cost is £225 for clutch basket with gear (can by basket separate from gear but not other way round ) and£ 38 for idel gear which im not happy with as the bike has ant dun alot any shred any lite on it or if any one has a clutch basket-gear for sale or no of one thanks for reading

hi, not heard of this on the betas other than the 80 ,which seem to have a weak crankcase which cracks or the hole wears to one side allowing movement on the kickstart shaft or idle gear shaft which in turn causes the teeth to brake ,,have you had it long or have you lent it to anyone ,,accessive rough kicking could cause this or if it hidrauliced (poss had water in cylinder )

hi, not heard of this on the betas other than the 80 ,which seem to have a weak crankcase which cracks or the hole wears to one side allowing movement on the kickstart shaft or idle gear shaft which in turn causes the teeth to brake ,,have you had it long or have you lent it to anyone ,,accessive rough kicking could cause this or if it hidrauliced (poss had water in cylinder )

iv had the bike a few mouths now only i have drove it about 15 rides as for the kicking it dosant need rough kicking to start bike