Beta Year?

enduro gasser

Hello there,

I'm interested in a Beta, and maybe going to see one at the weekend that's for sale, Its a 2003 but he has brought 2005 plastics and graphics for it, so I was wondering if there is any easy way of checking that it is a 2003 as stated and not say a 01 or 02?

He wants

I think the 2003 model lost the gas cylinder thingy off the rear shock, which was definitely there on my 2002 bike.

Also have a look at the top and bottom yokes, they should have a slot hollowed out of them to make them lighter.

The airfilter could only be changed on a 2002 bike by removing the rear mudguard so if 2005 plastics have been fitted, I would imagine a new airbox would be needed too.

All of the above is open to correction :rolleyes:

The airfilter could only be changed on a 2002 bike by removing the rear mudguard so if 2005 plastics have been fitted, I would imagine a new airbox would be needed too.

I put 2004 plastics on my 2002 and while you don't have to replace the airbox, you do have to chop a lump off the plastic filter retainer so that the new airbox lid will fit properly.

I'm sure if you give Lampkin's a quick call they'll be able to tell you what to look for.

Quite a few of the parts are dated..as Beta boy says..and often the year previous...ie on my 02 most of the dates are 01

ALSO..kinnels point is a good one...the 02 bike has a "piggy back" reservoir attatched to the rear shock, and the 03 onwards does NOT.

Otherwise ...unfortunately,(although fortunate for swapping parts etc) they are pretty similar, and there seems to be quite a few people changing their plastics on them..but hopefully some of those people..(and hopefully your guy too)!...will tell you the real truth.

I think that price sounds pretty good to me..although I'm not really in tune with UK prices.

Hope you get it...I think the Rev3's are a great bike :rolleyes: