Tlr250 Mods

4 stroke honda

Hi all

Looking at putting a few parts on the TLR and wondered if its worth fitting a power bomb frount exhaust pipe, has anybody else fitted one and was there any difference or is there any other mod which i should do first.

shocks fitted to to rear

lowered footrests

apart from the 2 mods above the bike is standard

Thanks Mike

i have and compete on a TLR 250 Euro model, on the expert line, yes, i installed a power bomb pipe, looks great, made no more power then before,

i use the stock rear shocks, that i rebuilt, ect, they work very well, front forks Honda line, fork oil.ONLY..or youll be sorry,

i picked up a set of CRF steel wide pegs off Fleabay, and cut them off the pivot, welded them down and back as far as they would go, im 6"2, and need all the leg room i can get,

not much you can do to warm up the 250,s im looking into a CRF piston and hot cam this winter..

i also installed ASV unbreakable levers, and easy pull clutch, and a XR 250 clutch plate set, only TLR springs will work.

chainge your oil often. after every meet.

twin air filter, and removed the outter filter unless your in heavy sand and dirt.

the worst part of the bike is the close gearing all the way up to 6th gear, 6th gear flat out might be 40MPH...down hill, smokin.

i live at high alt, as well, and compete at even higher alt, that is a big issue with the bike,

use only Honda brake shoes, EBCs are junk and dont work for beans.

Edited by chuckindenver

Back when they were new most people tried to calm them down - not make more power... Making them smoother with more base gaskets,and fiddling with carb settings was the norm.Changing the clutch plates for CB125 ones and lengthening the clutch arm was also popular.

Despite it being a very pretty bike,it was not easy to ride,the 200 was much better - I went back to a TY250r Yam,which was better in every respect except looks.

• 2 weeks later...

update on pistons...the ATC 250 is pretty much the same head, i have found a few standard and over sized pistons , but havnt had the time to ask poweroll if they make a high comp piston, the 200 hot cam should be the same dems with more power, they also offer some heaver springs.