250 Gripper

stuarty70

im trying to remember the year? im guesing 1983,1984? im sure beta,s were pretty new on the scene, i was at the scottish six days and peter quinn had a selection of bikes for sale at the time, i somehow managed to get my father to buy me a new ossa 250 gripper from peter, im sure he had a few for sale all orange frames with one piece white fiberglass tanks and mudgaurds, just wondering if anyone else remebers these bikes ?

stuart

Probably 1984 SSDT

Peter became Ossa importer in Dec 83 I think, with the promise of a 303 model than never actually saw the UK. Roger Holden had already had the white tanks done as part of a packge to commemorate 25 years as Ossa importer, the bikes came with Fox rear suspension and a couple of other bolt ons. Quinns also got loads, like van fulls, of Ossa spares including enough tanks to fill most of the spare rooms in the Gateshead shop. Your bike will have either been a Jubilee or the standard one with a white tank.

I remember seeing loads of those tank units when I called into Gateshead (or Sunderland) to get some spares, mid 90s I think. Not a shop though, a unit. There were a lot.... always wondered what happened to them all.

Woody

the shop by the Tyne Bridge closed in 87 and the business returned to shared smaller premises in Gateshead High St. Sunderland was next stop in a garage on the back of a house then to an industrial unit before finally closing altogether in late 90s. I think some remaining parts went to australia and the rest to the uk, cant remember who.